Ready to change your life so you and your family can be healthier without diets or programs?
Hi! I’m Dr. Melissa, a family and obesity medicine physician, wife, and mother of 3 girls. It wasn’t that long ago that I was in your shoes.
When I was pregnant with my first child ten years ago, I gave myself all sorts of excuses to not manage my weight and health:
- Being a wife, mother, and physician is hard work…I’m tired and don’t have time to exercise or cook healthy meals.
- I don’t even know what is considered healthy food.
- I’m working so hard, I love trying new foods, and food is my reward.
In the last few years, along with learning evidence-based obesity medicine, I have learned how to:
- restructure my schedule to prioritize my health
- create “time-savers” so I can spend more time with my family
- cook a variety of healthy dishes that my family enjoys.
- I’ve even learned to make time for, and enjoy, exercise.
The best part is my whole family is now on-board, and we’re all making healthier choices every day.
If you’re feeling tired and weighed down by life, not knowing how to start living a healthier lifestyle, I’d love to help. As moms, we often put family and work before ourselves. The Mom Plate is your resource to transform your daily routine so you can optimize your own health through daily habits. By giving yourself space to care for yourself, you will be able to love and care for others.